CIDOC documentation: E5 Event,
E9 Move and
- Activity (E7 Activity)
- the most common, e.g. a battle, a meeting or a wedding
- Acquisition (E8 Acquisition)
- mapping a change of property
- Event (E5 Event)-
used for events not performed by actors, e.g. a natural disaster
- Move (E9 Move) -
movement of artifacts or persons
- Production (E12 Production)
- creation of artifacts
On the index page already entered entities are listed in a Table.
- Click on the + button to enter a new one.
- Click on the name of an entry in the list to access the detail view.
- To edit or delete an entry click on the Edit button in the detail view.
- Location - a Place where the event occurred
- Sub event of - events can be part of another event,
e.g. a battle as a sub event of a war.
- Preceding event - events can follow up other events, useful for e.g.
entering a journey
- Reference System
Can be linked via tabs to
- Source - when it is referenced there
- Actor - to add participants, or recipient and donor for an acquisition
- From - a Place as a start point
- To - a Place as a destination point
- Artifact - to select artifacts that were moved
- Person - to select persons that were moved
For step by step instructions have a look at our Examples.
- Given Place - to select which places changed ownership.
To add recipients and donors go to the Actor tab, add actors and
select as activity:
- acquired title through for recipients
- surrendered title through for donors
- Artifact - to select artifacts that were produced
The creators can be added via the Actor tab and selecting the performed
activity while linking them.